Frame with Fork
- 29+ Bikepacking/Singletrack Frame and Fork
29er/29+ Double Butted Cr-mo frame and fork designed for Bikepacking and singletrack.
Its taken a lot of testing and fine tuning but the Hunt Bikes bikepacking/singletrack frames are finally ready and waiting for you to add a coat of mud.
This frame and fork is designed to be your go to ride for any off road adventure. This frame fits your regular 29er wheels for those gravel grinding and single track rides but will accommodate the widest 29+ (3") tyres for those adventures that get a little further off the groomed trails.
Unlike some other 29+ frames which get stretched out and ride a little slow, the Hunt Bikes frame/fork has been designed to ride more like a regular 29er. This was achieved in part by keeping the chainstays as short as possible with a custom chainstay piece between the chainrings and the tyre.
The frame and forks are built using double butted 4130 tubing to keep things light and maintain a responsive feel while also being a reliable tough frame/fork that can handle a bit of rough treatment.
A few of the finer details:
- Rear axle - 142 x 12mm thru axle (M12x1.75mm thread, SRAM Maxle Light compatible)
- Front axle - 15 x 100mm thru axle (M15x1.5mm thread)
- Bottom Bracket - Press Fit 30BB (73mm wide with 46mm inside diameter)
- Head tube - 44mm top and bottom
- Disk Brake - 160mm rotors
- Steerer tube - Tapered steerer, 1-1/8 to 1-1/2
- Tyre clearance - accepts 29+ (designed to fit the widest 29+ combo currently available, a Stans Hugo rim with Surly Knard tyres)
- Front Derailleur - Frames are designed for single front chain ring only (no front derailleur mounting point.
- Rack mounts - In short, I don't believe in racks! With a full set of our bikepacking bags you should be able to carry enough for a few days without restocking other than water. If you need more capacity there is the option to mount anything cages on the forks and another under the down tube. If you need more capacity maybe carry a small backpack or get creative
FRAME SIZE RECOMMENDED RIDER HEIGHT Small 160-175cm Medium 173-185cm Large 183-195cm
*please note that frame and fork are not supplied with axles.